Creativity Week 2015 is right around the corner! Below is a detailed list of what we have planned for Creativity Week right here on Main Street.
Saturday, September 26th:
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm: The Chalk
- Community members will have the opportunity to paint the sidewalks of downtown with chalk provided in partnership by the Children's Museum of South Dakota.
- 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm: The Creativity Crawl
- Live musicians and artists will be performing on the sidewalks of Main Street throughout the afternoon. Complete details with musicians and artists can be found here.
- 3:00 pm - Launching of the "Before I Die Wall"
- Before I Die walls are phenomenons across the country, and Downtown Brookings will now be home to one as well. Our wall will be stationed in between Rude's and Willert Chiropractic. For more information on these walls, visit www.beforeidie.cc.
Thursday, October 1st:
- 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Tedx Brookings at the Historic Armory
- Tedx Brookings will take place Thursday afternoon with nearly 300 event goers in downtown. To register yourself, visit www.tedxbrookings.com.
- 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm - The Rock Garden Tour at the Historic Armory
- Brookings will be hosting a live recording of the SDPB Radio Rock Garden Tour.
Friday, October 2nd:
- 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm - The Clash at the Historic Armory
- The Clash is the closing concert to Creativity Week. We will have local band Horseplay perform with food and beverages available throughout the night.